Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Apprentice

'


It all started because I needed to find a subject to draw.  Sometimes that is the longest process for me, finding something that will look good in this my particular style and that I won't mind staring at for a few solid hours.  I decided to ask my friends on Facebook if they had any suggestions.  I figured that I'd just draw the first person that sends me a picture, and then I got a little more creative that would involve more of my community on Facebook.  I asked them to like and share my most recent drawing.  To be honest I really just thought I would get around 5 shares!  Within minutes I had my set goal!  A lot of the credit goes to my amazing friends who were will to help me out and share my work with their friends.  plus most were so generous as to put in a good word for me.
I was overwhelmed with the response I got.  My goal was 5 share I got 56 share by the end of the third day!  That means I reached over 14,000 people that were able to view my work! (My math skills are very poor but I did use a calculator)  I'm learning a lot in becoming an illustrator.  One thing I learned form this experiment is I have a lot of people who have my back. 



No comments: