Thursday, August 15, 2013

Just a Tip.




A few weeks ago I had a one on one with Artis Jake Parker.  He is an extremely wise and talented individual.  He gave me lots of good advice.  He explained to me that I had been shading my work all wrong.  I had been using grey and black tones to describe my shadows.  This was making my work look dirty.  Instead I need to be using blues and purples, that ways shadows will look just alive and bright.  (Tip use multiply if working in Painter or Photo Shop). 
With this drawing I use a lot of a traditional drawing technique.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

KG said...

Jake's the man! i had a class with him last semester. Honestly one of the only art classes i've taken at BYU where i came out of it feeling like i learned valuable techniques and developed a good eye for things. I'm jealous you got to sit down with him recently. i need to contact him and see whats up.