Friday, June 7, 2013

The Fortune Teller



I was able to attend an online animation class last night.  The instructors were Jake parker and Will Terry.  Jake did a demo of a sic fi setting, the interior of a space ship.  He did it using photo shop and and I think everyone was floored by how fast he drew it.  He said one of the best ways to get good at drawing something is to copy and copy a lot.  He mentioned he had a "Copy Sketchbook" where he would copy different things, settings, hands, cars, what ever it was that he felt like her could use for future reference.  He said he then would throw the book away, cause no one is interested in looking at something you copied.  And then when he needs to draw a Sic Fi spaceship he has lots of items to choose from in his "account".   Needless to say, I will be starting my "copy sketchbook" in no time.   Jake it an illustrator of children's book,  graphic novels, and animator.  If you would like to listen to Jake talk about children's book illustrating you can go {Here} and listen to BYU radio on Children's books.
Will talked about facial tones and using cool and warm colors.  He also talked about being aware of plane changes.  He demo was great and I'm so excited about applying what I learned. 
Over all there  is plenty for me to work on,  here is what I drew right before the class, The Fortune Teller.  Enjoy. 

No comments: