Friday, April 19, 2013

Twig, thats what I named this cat.



One of the blogs I follow is Will Terry's www.willterry.blogspot.com.  He is a talented children's book illustrator and he also teaches at UVU.  One of his posts was an assignment he gave to his "Imagination & Visual Literacy" class.  The assignment: draw a cat looking out of a bedroom window, include 25 items in the room but put all of the emphasis on the cat, in 45 minutes.  I decided this would be fun to try.  I didn't pay enough attention cause I didn't put the cat in a bedroom so I might have failed if I was actually taking the class.  This is my 45 min. sketch, I did this on my ipad using procreate.  I don't usually work that fast or put that much detail in my work, so it was a fun challenge.  Thanks Will Terry.


 


This little corky kitty was inspired by the assignment.

No comments: